Wednesday 30 October 2013

You Deserve Burger & Lobster Everyday!




The title of this post may have you somewhat confused, for those that are not familiar with ‘Burger and Lobster’ it is a restaurant located in Mayfair which strictly serves burger and lobster. Lobster is quite often associated with extravagance and fine dining
although in my opinion I think it tastes quite bland. Now that we’re all up to speed on what I’m talking about when I say ‘Burger and Lobster’ we can get into this post.Yes ladies you deserve burger and lobster every day, you also deserve diamonds, flowers, 5 star trips you deserve it ALL. Before you critics jump on my back and accuse me of promoting gold digging activities on my blog let me explain myself further.


Whilst speaking to my cousin a couple of weeks back he pointed out some valid points as we discussed relationships with the opposite sex. I always enjoy asking him for advice on certain issues I may be having, its always good to get a male perspective on situations. Us ladies tend to base our advice and theories on emotion rather than logic as guys do. As we continued our conversation he said something to me that stopped in my tracks. He told me that in my last relationship I had settled for less. Ouch. When he said this I didn’t see this as a low blow at my ex but a low blow to me. I never thought of myself as someone that would “settle for less”. What does settling for less even mean? In that moment it all clicked, it’s not that my ex was less of a person than I was or physically unattractive, that’s not what he meant when he said I had settled for less. I had settled for less because I had compromised what I truly wanted and deserved in a guy for a false state of happiness.

I had allowed someone to treat me with disrespect, as well as making  me think I was unworthy and I had accepted this as a "norm". Looking back I was as crazy as him for accepting this. My cousin then went on to say, “a girl like you deserves to be taken to burger and lobster everyday”. This had us laughing endlessly. What a random statement but I totally understood what he meant. I was finally able to see my last relationship for what it truly was. 

Sometimes people make us ladies feel like we are asking for too much. This just puzzles me because what exactly is "asking for too much." Is wanting your significant other to treat you with respect and treat you like a queen, asking for too much?  Is wanting a guy to put in the same 100% you are putting into your relationship asking for too much? Please let me know. We all deserve the very best and that applies to both males and females but no one is going to give you the best if you don’t realise your own worth. How can you possibly expect someone to treat you like a Queen when you don't see that in yourself?

Believe it or not, I try to avoid talking about relationships on this blog because I don't want anyone assuming that "Abena thinks she's a relationship expert" lol . Although I do believe we can all learn from each others experiences. One of the most important things I've learned recently is that you should never compromise what you want or deserve for a half hearted boyfriend who’s only going to give you a mighty 50% on a good day. Lord knows my life is worth so much more than to except 50% from a guy all in the name of "love". BYE! I’d rather stay single and wait for someone that’s willing to give me 100%.

AK
x

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post hun! Came across your blog and your an incredible writer. Keep it up x

    ReplyDelete