Wednesday 23 October 2013

23






My original plan when I first started my blog was to upload a new post every week. I’ve found it  hard to keep up with this plan in recent weeks as I’ve been way too busy to post anything! All bloggers proclaim to be “super busy” when they haven’t updated their Blog in a while. When other Bloggers say this even I sometimes find myself thinking, “Girl you are not busy, who do you think you are? Beyonce?” Well my schedule is nothing like Bey’s but I've had no time to focus on what I enjoy doing. Now that I’ve got my focus back its only right that I get back to business and share my thoughts on this Blog.

One of the reasons why October has been such a busy month is because it’s actually my birthday month. Two weeks ago I celebrated my 23rd birthday. Yes I’m TWENTY THREE! During the lead up to my birthday I was far from excited. To be honest after you turn 21 I don’t think there is another age that's as exciting. Birthdays just become a reminder of how old you’re getting. The fact people kept reminding me that I would be turning 25 in two years was another reason why I was far from excited . 25 in the next two years? Where does the time go?
Closer to my birthday I realised I’ve got so much to be excited about. I’m young, healthy and life is really just beginning for me. It was time for me to live in the moment. I decided it was time to stop all my drama queen behaviour and enjoy my birthday, or should I say birthday WEEK!

I started off my celebrations with dinner with some of my closest friends at STK London. If you know me personally you know how much I LOVE food so it was only right I started off the birthday fun with great food. I spent my actual birthday at a spa resort with a few of my best girls. I decided to do something different this year and I loved every minute of it. I got a chance to laugh, unwind and relax with the girls. I ended my birthday week with a night out, with you guessed it, “the girls” again lol. I will say some people had way too much to drink but overall it was a great night. My birthday week was everything and MORE!

I’ve learned and grown so much in the past year and can honestly say I’m in a much positive space than I was this time last year. I know I initially wasn’t looking forward to turning 23 but I’m now extremely excited about this new chapter in my life. The future is bright and I’m ready for all the new experiences life has in store for me. 

P.S I've added some pictures from my birthday below. I would love to share some pictures from the spa day but I really don't have time for some of my friends boyfriends harassing me to take certain pictures off my Blog. Ha!

AK
x







1 comment: