Wednesday 28 August 2013

7 Flaws We Like In A Guy




Since I started my blog I’ve become more active on all social media platforms, which involves me having to post links to my blog on Facebook. I personally hate Facebook, I’m even surprised so many people still use it. The other day whilst scrolling through my Facebook news feed I came across an article one of my Facebook “friends” had liked, which was titled “ 7 Flaws I Like In A Woman” by Mark Manson. There are so many reasons why this article caught my eye, I find that many of us expect too much from the opposite sex.Nobody’s perfect, we all have flaws. 

Whilst reading the article I realised I have many of the flaws mentioned by Mark Manson. This made me giggle because I for one find it hard to look past “flaws” in the opposite sex. I can make up a million reasons why me and a specific person are not suited, “He’s always texting me”, “His lips are too pink” or “He’s too sweet”. It’s ironic that I can pick out all these “flaws” in someone when I have so many of my own. I thought it would be fun to write my own version of this article but typical me I couldn’t think of 7 flaws I could accept in a guy. I needed help, so I gathered some of my friends and we were able to come together and highlight some flaws us ladies like in a guy.


FLAW NO.1 : EGO - In the past a guy with an ego has been a complete turn off. There is something about a cocky, egotistic guy that would rub me the wrong way. That characteristic  would make me completely uninterested. During the discussion between my friends, one pointed out a few reasons why a guy with an ego could be a good thing. A slight ego in a guy shows that he not only has confidence but has a strong sense of self esteem. Confidence is very attractive. If you’re not confident in yourself how can I be confident in you?

FLAW NO. 2: MUMMY’S BOY - Hold on, I know your probably thinking “there is no way I could look past a guy being a mummy’s boy” but let me explain how this can be a good “flaw”. Trust me when I say you don’t want a guy with mummy issues. A guy that has a bad relationship with his mother or doesn’t treat his mother with respect most likely won’t hold you at any high regard. Been there, done that. A guy that is a “mummy’s boy”, to a reasonable extent shows he is not only caring but is family orientated. 

FLAW NO. 3: WORKAHOLIC- People often think that if you date someone that is always working you won’t be able to spend “enough” time with them. This isn’t necessarily true. I believe you can still balance a relationship whilst working hard and keeping your career, education or job as a main focus in your life. There is nothing more unattractive than a guy that has too much time on their hands. Why are you so available? Why are you calling and texting me all the time? “Baby what you doing?” “Baby you know I love you right?” “Just checking in on you babe,” Boy stop and get your life, right now. Being a “workaholic” shows your ambition and drive which is always an attractive trait in the opposite sex.

FLAW NO.4 : ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES -I have to admit I was once a sucker for a pretty boy.  Let’s be real most of those “pretty boys” don’t really have a lot of substance; all they’re really good for is squinting in pictures and flexing their muscles. Guys that are rough around the edges are usually more charismatic and know how to hold their own. Nobody wants to be with a “pretty boy” that can’t hold a conversation or can’t protect you.

FLAW NO. 5 :TAKES CHARGE - I’m the type of person that likes to be in control, I have tendency to like things to be done my way. If you’re like me, a guy that will let you have your way all the time sounds like the perfect match but it’s not. A guy that will let me run him around will eventually get boring and it’s really not attractive. Most of us ladies want someone that is going to take the lead; a guy that’s going to put us in our place and tell us when we’re wrong. I’m not saying a guy that is overly controlling and aggressive is what we want (wife beaters to the left) but someone that knows how to take charge is a great quality. 

FLAW NO.6: BLUNT- I personally can’t stand people who have no filter when they are speaking. When you let anything and everything roll out of your mouth without thinking, this can easily offend people around you. Whilst discussing this “flaw” with my friends they highlighted how a guy that is blunt can be a good trait. In saying “blunt” by all means I do not mean this in the disrespectful manner. Being with someone that can be 100% honest can make things a whole lot easier in a relationship. Honesty allows both people to feel comfortable to express exactly how they feel at all times.

FLAW NO. 7 :“THE FASHIONTISA”- I was in two minds about putting this “flaw” on the list as I’ve never thought of a guy that takes pride in his appearance as a “flaw”.  After seeing the episode of “Keeping up with the Kardashians” when Kanye West told Kim Kardashian to clear out her closet because he thought his fashion sense was better, it dawned on me that a guy being a “fashionista” can sometimes be a flaw. I think I would be deeply offended if someone told me I needed to switch up my whole fashion sense. Whilst discussing this with my friends I realised that a guy with a strong fashion sense is a positive thing. A guy that can present themselves in a stylish way and takes pride in their appearance is quite sexy. There’s nothing wrong with your partner being able to pick out an outfit for you although let’s not push it to the extent Kanye did with Kim. Let’s be honest no one wants to be with a guy that wears durags and over sized jerseys in 2013. Ha! 

AK
x


5 comments:

  1. Nice one Abena! I enjoyed this!




    Ebs Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love your blog and how you talk about so many real topics that affect us girls every day.
    This post in particular is so true, girls expect too much from guys and have nothing to offer themselves.
    Love what your doing keep it up beauts, x
    Please could you take the time to check out our blog
    http://www.kannisbeauty.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, got me thinking which flaws relate to me.
    Another good read Abena...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOL I can't agree with this post more. We always end up with guys with one or two of these traits, urghhh!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lolol i like the last bit abt durags nd oversized jerseys... serious pet peeve...nice read... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete